|COVIDSafe Plan||Your Visit||Attending an event||Planning an event|
It is mandatory for every Victorian business to have a COVIDSafe Plan for each worksite. The Alex Theatre St Kilda COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan outlines the COVID-19 safety precautions we have in place throughout the opening up of our venues and facilities. This will ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone who visits us, including our customers, presenters, hirers and team members.
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Alex Theatre in St Kilda again. However, your time with us will look and feel different. We want to you be confident that we have your safety and wellbeing in mind every step of the way, so a range of safety and hygiene measures are now in place. Below we have detailed what you can expect when visiting us.
- Regularly cleaning and sanitising of our venues and public areas with approved disinfectant products throughout the day. We clean high touchpoints hourly.
Physical distancing and signage
- It is vital to stay at least 1.5 metres from others, especially when moving around our site.
Signage in and around our buildings will help you maintain physical distancing, including in high traffic areas like corridors and areas where queues may form.
- Entries and exits will be one-way only and marked with signage.
- Lifts will have capacity limits marked with signage to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Hand sanitisers are available upon entry to all venues, events and activity spaces.
- Handwash will be regularly restocked in all bathrooms.
The Alex Theatre is now a cashless organisation. All points of payment in all areas (tickets, retail, Kiosks and bars) accept Visa and Mastercard payments.
In line with current advice from the Victorian Government, masks must be worn indoors at the Alex Theatre at all times. The only exceptions are for eating and drinking or if you have an exemption.
- QR code registration via a mobile device is required for all guests on arrival.
- Please download the Service Victoria app prior to your visit to ensure a faster check-in time.
- For patrons who do not have a smartphone, or whose mobile device is not QR code compatible, we have iPads on-site that allow customers to register their details for contact tracing.
- Data is collected and held securely by Service Victoria and is automatically deleted after 28 days unless it is required for contact tracing. For more information visit service.vic.gov.au/check-in-privacy
- All visitors to our venues must be either fully vaccinated or hold a valid medical exemption.
As well as our standard conditions of entry, we will implement additional health and safety measures to ensure your safety and wellbeing. Please note that these additional conditions of entry apply to everyone attending all areas of our site and are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Alex Theatre Management Team.
- You will be required to verify your COVID-19 vaccination status upon arrival. If you are unable to provide this information you will not be able to enter our venue.
- If you have the following symptoms, however mild, you must not enter our site: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of sense of smell or taste. Please get tested and quarantine at home until you receive your test results.
- Anyone who is subject to a Department of Health direction in relation to an outbreak in Victoria or interstate must not attend Alex Theatre St Kilda for any reason. For an up-to-date list of travel updates, exposure sites and more information on what to do, please visit,
Victorian exposure sites:
Victorian travel updates:
- You must wear a face mask indoors, in accordance with current Victorian Government guidelines, at all times unless it is unsafe to do so or an exemption applies.
- By entering our site, you agree to abide by the new health and safety measures outlined in the Alex Theatre St Kilda COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan. This can include but is not limited to, physical distancing, temperature screenings, sanitisation and restricted public access. Failure to comply with these measures may result in you being asked to leave our venue.
- We encourage everyone to download the Service Victoria app prior to arrival at the venue for faster QR Code check-in.
- The Alex Theatre Management retains the right to refuse entry to any person who refuses to adhere to our health and safety measures.
We ask that you and each member of your booking party make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending our venue or the event. If you or someone you have been in contact with are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 please contact the event organiser and the Alex Theatres events team on email@example.com
If you have the following symptoms, however mild, you must not enter our site: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of sense of smell or taste.
If you are concerned about your symptoms, please contact your doctor or the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 675 398 for advice on testing. Get tested and quarantine at home until you receive your test results.
If you start to feel unwell while visiting us at the Alex Theatre, you should advise a member of our team and then leave site immediately. If you find at a later date you have tested positive for COVID-19 please call our Management team on 03 9964 0918 or email our manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will treat your email with strict confidence.
We are currently planning for a safe and stepped opening up of the Alex Theatre.
Following Victorian Government guidelines, the Alex Theatre has currently restricted access.
There is no general parking onsite. Access to deliver equipment must be arranged with your point of contact onsite.
The only entrance and exit points for the Alex Theatre is via the main doors on Fitzroy Street. Density quotients for these spaces will be displayed and must be adhered to, and we may ask you to arrive at specific times to help with physical distancing requirements and reduce wait times upon entry.
Decals and QR codes are also found outside these entrance to the theatre foyer to ensure physical distancing is maintained and to enhance the Health Declaration process that you will be required to complete upon arrival.
There are also various navigation markers, including signage and decals throughout our venues to direct the flow of people. Your Account Manager or Producer will also help guide you should you need assistance.
Please allow at least 20 minutes to arrive, fill in your information for contact tracing.
You can enter the Foyer and wait in the Lounge or Foyer areas, maintain social distancing at all times. Follow the direction of the venue staff at all times.
Seating is marked and follow the direction of staff.
A cashless bar will be operating with a minimum 30-minute interval.
No, unfortunately, this service has been suspended for the time being.
Your Event Coordinator will contact you and work through your event options.
Our event coordination team are very flexible and can work with you on the current restrictions and guidelines, and assess how this applies to your contract.
Yes, we do! Please contact your Event Coordinator to receive a bespoke quote or visit live.alextheatre.org.au
Supporting the arts industry
Performing arts workers across the state are experiencing the immediate and devastating impact of event cancellations and venue closures due to COVID-19. We encourage you to support your local arts groups and if you would like to support us please visit our Charity Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc