|COVIDSafe Plan||Your Visit||Ticketing||Upcoming Events||Support|
Our COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan and your health and safety
It is mandatory for every Victorian business to have a COVIDSafe Plan for each worksite. The Alex Theatre COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan outlines the COVID-19 safety precautions we have in place throughout the opening up of our venues and facilities. This will ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone who visits us, including our customers, presenters, hirers, and team members.
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Alex Theatre again. However, your time with us will look and feel different. We want to you be confident that we have your safety and wellbeing in mind every step of the way, so below we have detailed what you can expect when visiting us.
A range of safety and hygiene measures are in place to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
- Regular cleaning and sanitising our venues and publicly accessible areas with approved disinfectant products throughout the day. We clean high touch points hourly.
Physical distancing and signage
- It is vital to stay at least 1.5 metres from others, especially when moving around our site.
- Signage in and around our buildings will help you maintain physical distancing, including in high traffic areas like corridors and areas where queues may form.
- Entries and exits will be one-way only and marked with signage.
- Lifts will have capacity limits marked with signage to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Hand sanitisers are available upon entry to all venues, events and activity spaces.
- Handwash will be regularly restocked in all bathrooms.
- The Alex Theatre is now a cashless organisation. All points of payment in all areas (tickets, retail, kiosk and bars) accept Visa and Mastercard payments. NO CASH
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times (unless eating or drinking). We do understand that some people have medical exemptions for wearing masks and will respect this.
- QR code registration via a mobile device is required for all guests on arrival.
- Please download the Service Victoria app prior to your visit to ensure a faster check-in time.
- For patrons who do not have a smartphone, or whose mobile device is not QR code compatible, we have iPads on-site that allow customers to register their details for contact tracing.
- Data is collected and held securely by Service Victoria and is automatically deleted after 28 days unless it is required for contact tracing. For more information visit service.vic.gov.au/check-in-privacy
- All visitors to our venues must be either fully vaccinated or hold a valid medical exemption.
- Please download the Service Victoria app and link your vaccination certificate prior to arrival. To do so, follow these instructions.
In line with our standard conditions of entry, we will implement additional health and safety measures to ensure your safety and wellbeing. Please note that these additional conditions of entry apply to everyone attending all areas of our site and are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Alex Theatre management.
- You will be required to verify your COVID-19 vaccination status at the point of entry. If you are unable to provide this information you will not be able to enter our venue.
- If you have the following symptoms, however mild, you must not enter our site: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of sense of smell or taste. Please get tested and quarantine at home until you receive your test results.
- Anyone who is subject to a Department of Health direction in relation to an outbreak in Victoria or interstate must not attend Arts Centre Melbourne for any reason. For an up-to-date list of travel updates, exposure sites and more information on what to do, please visit:
Victorian exposure sites:
Victorian travel updates:
- Face masks must be worn indoors, unless an exemption applies. Masks are strongly recommended outdoors where physical distancing is not possible.
- By entering our site, you agree to abide by the new health and safety measures outlined in the Alex Theatre COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan. This can include but is not limited to, physical distancing, temperature screenings, sanitisation, and restricted public access. Failure to comply with these measures may result in you being asked to leave our venue.
- We encourage everyone to download the Service Victoria app prior to arrival at the venue for a faster QR Code check-in.
- The Alex Theatre Management retains the right to refuse entry to any person who refuses to adhere to health and safety measures.
We ask that you and each member of your booking party make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending our venue or the event. If you or someone you have been in contact with are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 please contact us at email@example.com to request a refund.
If you have the following symptoms, however mild, you must not enter our site: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of sense of smell or taste.
If you are concerned about your symptoms, please contact your doctor or the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 675 398 for advice on testing. Get tested and quarantine at home until you receive your test results.
If you start to feel unwell while visiting us at the Alex Theatre, you should advise a member of our team and then leave site immediately. If you find at a later date you have tested positive for COVID-19 please call our Management team on 03 9964 0918 or email our manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will treat your email with strict confidence.
Visiting the Alex Theatre St Kilda
Following Victorian Government guidelines, the Alex Theatre has currently restricted access.
Greater access to the public will occur from 31 October 2021.
More details will be available on our website soon.
Access to the venue is by appointment only, there is currently no general public access to any part of the site.
You can buy your tickets on our website (www.alextheatre.org.au)
Securing tickets in advance is the best way to ensure you don’t miss out on experiencing all that we have to offer when we do reopen, especially as capacity will be limited to most events at this time. Our website is the quickest and easiest way to secure tickets and will provide access to available tickets for all events and activities.
The Alex Theatre is now cashless, so when we are able to reopen, we will only accept credit or debit cards or Alex Theatre gift vouchers for in-person sales.
When you purchase your tickets from the Alex Theatre St Kilda, our Terms & Conditions of Purchase will include accepting compliance with what is expected of you under this plan. Restrictions and specific requirements in response to COVID-19 may change between the time you secure tickets and the time you attend. If you have purchased tickets through the Alex Theatre St Kilda we will email you with the most current information about your visit a few days prior to your event date. Current information is also always available on our website.
We are not currently offering any third-party ticket service. Only tickets purchased through our Eventbrite portal will be excepted.
We are closely following the advice and requirements of government health authorities and will reopen our theatres when it is safe to do so and when our presenters are able to return.
Yes, we continue to offer digital content through our partnership with Studio E Media at the Alex channels.
Restrictions and specific requirements in response to COVID-19 may change between the time you secure tickets and the time you attend. If you have purchased tickets through Alex Theatre we will email you should any details of your booking change.
Our venues operate at their maximum allowable capacity, as per current Government health measures and an approved COVIDSafe Plan. Under these protocols you may be seated next to other patrons and distancing might not be possible.
Events currently on sale at Alex Theatre St Kilda are being sold according to current Victorian COVIDSafe guidelines. Changes to restrictions may result in changes to seating configurations in our venues. Should this happen, unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate requests to change seating.
Purchasing a ticket early can give you the greatest chance of not being affected by any tightening of restrictions. In the event that our allowable capacity reduces, Alex Theatre St Kilda will cancel and refund affected tickets. Affected ticketing holders will be contacted directly by our team.
As Victoria continues to plan for a safe reopening some of the special conditions for this event include:
- Audiences must be fully vaccinated to attend and will need to verify vaccination status at the point of entry.
- Please download the Service Victoria app and link your COVID-19 digital certificate prior to arrival. Vaccination status proof also includes a certificate on the Medicare app or smartphone wallet, a printed Immunisation History Statement, or provide evidence of a valid exemption from a Chief Health Officer-approved medical practitioner.
- Attendees will be required to wear masks, except when eating to drinking.
- Masks must be worn in bathrooms and are strongly recommended when unable to physically distance.
All ticket holders will be contacted directly and notified if there are any changes to their upcoming events.
Yes. Tickets for performances purchased through an authorised outlet will be fully refunded, including fees.
If you, or someone you have been in contact with, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 please contact us at email@example.com to request a refund. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell.
We are working tirelessly to reschedule as many performances as possible. If you have tickets we will be in contact via the email address you booked the tickets with. If you want to book tickets please refer to the whats on-page of our website.
Our website provides the most up-to-date information about our reopening, upcoming events and digital offerings. You can also follow us on Facebook or subscribe to our eNewsletter for timely updates.
Supporting the Arts Industry
Performing arts workers across the state are experiencing the immediate and devastating impact of event cancellations and venue closures due to COVID-19. We encourage you to support your local arts groups and if you would like to support us please visit our Charity Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc
My question still isn't answered
- For ticket enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general enquiries, email email@example.com