|COVIDSafe Plan||Your Visit||Ticketing||Upcoming Events||Support|
It is mandatory for every Victorian business to have a COVIDSafe Plan for each worksite. The Alex Theatre COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan outlines the COVID-19 safety precautions we have in place throughout the opening up of our venues and facilities. This will ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone who visits us, including our customers, presenters, hirers, and team members.
We can’t wait to welcome you to the Alex Theatre again. However, your time with us will look and feel different. We want to you be confident that we have your safety and wellbeing in mind every step of the way, so below we have detailed what you can expect when visiting us.
A range of safety and hygiene measures are in place to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
- Regular cleaning and sanitising our venues and publicly accessible areas with approved disinfectant products throughout the day. We clean high touch points hourly.
Physical distancing and signage
- It is vital to stay at least 1.5 metres from others, especially when moving around our site.
- Signage in and around our buildings will help you maintain physical distancing, including in high traffic areas like corridors and areas where queues may form.
- Entries and exits will be one-way only and marked with signage.
- Lifts will have capacity limits marked with signage to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Hand sanitisers are available upon entry to all venues, events and activity spaces.
- Handwash will be regularly restocked in all bathrooms.
- The Alex Theatre is now a cashless organisation. All points of payment in all areas (tickets, retail, kiosk and bars) accept Visa and Mastercard payments. NO CASH
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times (unless eating or drinking). We do understand that some people have medical exemptions for wearing masks and will respect this.
In line with our standard conditions of entry, we will implement additional health and safety measures to ensure your safety and wellbeing. Please note that these additional conditions of entry apply to everyone attending all areas of our site and are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Alex Theatre management.
- If you have the following symptoms, however mild, you must not enter our site: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of sense of smell or taste. Please get tested and quarantine at home until you receive your test results.
- You must wear a face mask in accordance with current Victorian Government guidelines at all times unless it is unsafe to do so or an exemption applies.
- By entering our site, you agree to abide by the new health and safety measures outlined in the Alex Theatre COVIDSafe & Wellbeing Plan. This can include but is not limited to, physical distancing, temperature screenings, sanitisation, and restricted public access. Failure to comply with these measures may result in you being asked to leave our venue.
- We encourage everyone to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app to enhance contact tracing while at the venue and beyond.
- The Alex Theatre Management retains the right to refuse entry to any person who refuses to adhere to health and safety measures.
We ask that you and each member of your booking party make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending our venue or the event. If you or someone you have been in contact with are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund.
If you have the following symptoms, however mild, you must not enter our site: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of sense of smell or taste.
If you are concerned about your symptoms, please contact your doctor or the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 675 398 for advice on testing. Get tested and quarantine at home until you receive your test results.
If you start to feel unwell while visiting us at the Alex Theatre, you should advise a member of our team and then leave site immediately. If you find at a later date you have tested positive for COVID-19 please call our Management team on 03 9964 0918 or email our manager at email@example.com, who will treat your email with strict confidence.
Following Victorian Government guidelines, the Alex Theatre has currently restricted access. Scheduled performances and events in 2020 are postponed and ticket holders booked to attend an upcoming performance will be contacted by email when a new date is confirmed.
We are currently planning for a safe and stepped opening up of the Alex Theatre.
Private controlled education, rehearsal, and Film/Media activity will be allowed from 18 November with restricted performances from 14 December 2020.
More details will be available on our website soon.
Access to the venue is by appointment only, there is currently no general public access to any part of the site.
Due to current government guidelines, our venue and onsite Box Office are currently closed. You can buy your tickets on our website (www.alextheatre.org.au)
Securing tickets in advance is the best way to ensure you don’t miss out on experiencing all that we have to offer when we do reopen, especially as capacity will be limited to most events at this time. Our website is the quickest and easiest way to secure tickets and will provide access to available tickets for all events and activities. From early 2021.
The Alex Theatre is now cashless, so when we are able to reopen, we will only accept credit or debit cards or Alex Theatre gift vouchers for in-person sales.
When you purchase your tickets from the Alex Theatre St Kilda, our Terms & Conditions of Purchase will include accepting compliance with what is expected of you under this plan. Restrictions and specific requirements in response to COVID-19 may change between the time you secure tickets and the time you attend. If you have purchased tickets through the Alex Theatre St Kilda we will email you with the most current information about your visit a few days prior to your event date. Current information is also always available on our website.
We are not currently offering any third-party ticket service. Only tickets purchased through our Eventbrite portal will be excepted.
We are closely following the advice and requirements of government health authorities and will reopen our theatres when it is safe to do so and when our presenters are able to return.
Yes, we continue to offer digital content through our partnership with Studio E Media at the Alex channels.
All ticket holders will be contacted directly and notified if there are any changes to their upcoming events.
Yes. Tickets for performances purchased through an authorised outlet will be fully refunded, including fees.
If you, or someone you have been in contact with, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell.
We are working tirelessly to reschedule as many performances as possible. If you have tickets we will be in contact via the email address you booked the tickets with. If you want to book tickets please refer to the whats on-page of our website.
Performing arts workers across the state are experiencing the immediate and devastating impact of event cancellations and venue closures due to COVID-19. We encourage you to support your local arts groups and if you would like to support us please visit our Charity Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc
My question still isn't answered
- For ticket enquiries, email email@example.com
- For general enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org